Covid 19 Policy
We hope you are all safe and well during these unprecedented times.
During the current Covid 19 pandemic we will continue to be guided by Welsh Government on all business operations and follow their advice accordingly. Our number one priority is the safety of our staff and customers and therefore all recommended safety procedures will be adhered to at all times both inside the office and outside at the necessary properties.
The full Welsh Government guidance on property matters during the Covid 19 pandemic can be read here …..
The main points we would draw your attention to are detailed below;
If you or anyone in your household have coronavirus symptoms, you should stay at home and self-isolate and not attend any viewings or request visits from our agents or contractors.
- Viewings will only be conducted one household at a time at the property.
- Prior to booking a viewing please ensure you have read the property description and looked at all the property pictures online to ensure the property meets your requirements.
- If the property is not vacant then the resident of the property will endeavour to remain outside of the property for the duration of the viewing where possible.
- Sales viewings are only permitted for people in a proceedable position. This could include (but not be limited to); people who have a current valid mortgage in principle and available deposit funds, cash purchasers who do not need to sell in order to purchase, people whose houses are already advertised on the market where a sale of their property is required, etc.
- When you attend a viewing please wait in the car outside the property or on the pavement if you have taken public transport. Our agent will call you forward when you can enter the property.
- Please ensure you are wearing gloves and/or sanitising your hands, wearing a face covering and respecting social distancing throughout the viewing.
- You should bring your own hand sanitizer to use, however our agent will endeavour to bring hand sanitiser to all viewings.
- You should always stay two meters away from our agent or other people near the property.
- Please refrain as much as possible from touching surfaces during the viewing. Our agent will wipe down any touched surfaces between viewings where required. Vendors will be required to open all internal doors prior to viewings.
- You will not be permitted to enter the property if you attend without adhering to these necessary measures.
- Pennaf Premier agents will adhere to these measures when conducting viewings.
- During local lockdown periods viewings are only permitted on properties from within the local area that you reside.
- All valuations that we attend must follow the same safety measures as viewings in relation to sanitiser, gloves, face coverings and social distancing. If the property is not vacant, we would ask the vendor to open all doors (and windows and loft hatches if required) prior to our agent’s arrival. Our agents will adhere to the same safety measures when attending properties.
- Offers on sale and lettings properties
- Offers on properties for sale and let should be made by telephone or email. If required, all identification checks and reference checks should be conducted via email and facetime wherever possible.
Moving in / key collection
- You should arrange directly with local removal companies and follow government advice regarding social distancing when preparing to move. All key handovers will be done by a pre-arranged collection appointment.
Our Working Partners – One Stop Shop Service
- Our working partners can offer their services and advice remotely using telephone calls or online meetings. If you wish to speak to our working partner mortgage advisor, conveyancing solicitor, structural surveyor or EPC provider please let us know.
- Anyone attending the office for scheduled appointments must follow social distancing guidelines, wear gloves and/or use hand sanitiser and wear face coverings. Our agents wipe down the necessary surfaces following scheduled appointments and wash and sanitise their hands regularly.
- All work stations within the office also have protective screens.
- Contractors attending the office
- Contractors are not permitted to attend our offices without prior agreement. If a contractor attends the office with prior agreement, then they will adhere to the safety measures as would all clients. Keys for contractors should be wiped down after use and returned through the office letter box where possible.
Gas Inspections and visits from contractors for current tenants
- Gas inspections, electric safety checks and other maintenance works required should be conducted when possible and following the same guidance as per property visits. Contractors will advise tenants as per their instructions for preparing for their visit. Properties will be required to be ventilated with doors (and windows and loft hatches where required) open before hand and tenants should if possible be out of the property (in garden or car) for the duration of the visit.
- Contractors are required to wear face coverings and use hand sanitiser and/or gloves when attending properties for the safety of both themselves and the occupants.
- During periods where the highest restriction levels are in operation there will likely be further guidelines in place in addition to what is mentioned above. Please ask a member of staff for further details